With the introduction of BHIM app Prime Minister Narendra Modi has revolutionized the way Indians makes digital payments.The motive of the government is to promote the cashless transactions. And BHIM seems a good move in that direction.
The BHIM app is a UPI(Unified Payment Interface) based application, which would allow people to make digital payments directly from their bank account.
Lets get a closer look at what you need to know about BHIM app :-
What is BHIM app ?
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an application which allow its user to send and receive money digitally.It is developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Unlike e-wallets (paytm, mobikwik) it is directly linked to users bank account. So money is directly credited or debited from bank account.
User don’t have load money to the wallet to make payments and don’t have to worry about transferring the amount back to the bank account.
How to download BHIM app?
Download the BHIM app by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on Google Play .
How to use BHIM android app ?
- BHIM android app is very easy to use.
- After you have downloaded the app from playstore to your android smart phone.
- Open Application and select language.
- On introduction screen click next.
- Now on allow access screen click “Lets get Started”.
- Now verify your mobile number. In case of two sim cards select number which is linked to your bank account. App will send SMS to verify your mobile number.
- Set your apps passcode.
- Now you will see list of banks. Select bank where you have account and you want to do transaction from.
- You will see three options there Send , Request, Scan and Pay.
To send money :-
- Enter the mobile number or payment address of the of the Payee.
- After entering mobile number you will see option to enter the amount to be sent. You can see payees name also it helps to verify that you are sending amount to right person. Remark option is optional.
- Now you will be asked to enter your UPI pin. UPI pin is provided by your bank . If you want to reset or change your UPI you can do it by going to Bank Account option in the app.
- After successfully entering UPI pin money will be sent instantly .
9. You can also send amount by scaning the QR code of the payee.
If you don’t have have smart phone the BHIM app can be accessed using USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) from feature phones – you will need to dial *99# to access it. With this method, an Internet connection will not be required to use the core functionality behind the BHIM app.
BANKS WHICH ARE SUPPORTED IN BHIM APP : –
1. Allahabad Bank
2. Andhra Bank
3. Axis Bank
4. Bank of Baroda
5. Bank of Maharashtra
6. Canara Bank
7.Catholic Syrian Bank
8. Central Bank of India
9. DCB Bank
10. Dena Bank
11. Federal Bank
12. HDFC Bank
13. ICICI Bank
14. IDBI Bank
15. IDFC Bank
16. Indian Bank
17. Indian Overseas Bank
18. IndusInd Bank
19. Karnataka Bank
20. Karur Vysya Bank
21. Kotak Mahindra Bank
22. Oriental Bank of Commerce
23. Punjab National Bank
24. RBL Bank
25. South Indian Bank
26. Standard Chartered Bank
27. State Bank of India
28. Syndicate Bank
29. Union Bank of India
30. United Bank of India
31. LlVijaya Bank